Bride & Prejudice

Monday, October 30, 2006

BoOk ReSeaRcH..x

Downes, Brenda (1998) : Media Studies. UK: Hodder Headline PLC.

This text is relavant to mine as it discusses sterotyping in detail and the differences between representation and its realities from its assumptions.

Burton, Graeme (1999) : Media & Popular Culture. UK: Hodder Headline PLC.

This text links to my study as it focuses upon the representation of races. It features a range of theorists that we have not yet covered which could relate to the views that I am expressing throuhgout my study.

Clark, Vivienne & Barker, James & Lewis, Eileen (2000) : Key Concepts & Skills for Media Studies. Malta: Gray Publishing.

This text was useful for me as it discusses representation and ideologies as a key comcept in more technical and academic detail.

Mullard, Chris (1985) : Race, Power & Resistance. London: Routledge & Ledge Paul PLC

This links to my study as it looks at how and when it was that ethnic minorities protested for their rights and post-colonialism was challenged, it also looks at the white ideologists and the black utopians.

Jones, Marsha & Jones, Emma (1999) : Mass Media. Hampshire: Macmillan Press LTD

This text links to my study as it focuses on representation of gender, ethnicity and stereotypes, it looks into these areas in depth and it also gives examples regarding such issues which would help me to extract information for my own study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home